Saturday, December 3, 2011

Wiki #10: Vedera

Vedera is currently one of my favorite bands. They are from Kansas City, Missouri. I got one of their songs free on iTunes and I really liked it so I bought the rest of the album. The band has four members: Kristen May who does vocal and plays guitar and piano, Brian Little who is the lead guitarist, Jason Douglas who is the bass guitarist, and Drew Little who is the drummer. The band was started by Kristen May and Brian Little.
May and Little knew each other in high school and began playing in a band together called, Red Authentic, after May returned home following an aborted stint at college in Nashville. “I didn’t want to study music anymore, I just wanted to play it,” she says. In 2003, the band she had formed with her brothers needed a guitarist and they called Little. “He and I clicked and our worlds collided in the greatest way,” she says. With her brothers unable to travel and pursue the career musician life that May and Little craved, they asked Little’s high-school friend Jason Douglas to join and also recruited Brian’s younger brother Drew to play drums. Their first album Stages was released on October 6, 2009 after two years of recording. Some of my favorite songs ion that album include Loving Ghosts, Forgive You, Satisfy, and If You Go.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vedera

No comments:

Post a Comment